Monday, August 8, 2011

overall

well, I made it back to the United States. after my stay in Austria, I flew 9 hours to Washington, DC. I breezed through customs. the Powells walked with me to my gate and then we parted ways. they were headed to Atlanta, and I was heading to Indianapolis. I got my first starbucks since leaving the country and it was fabulous. I sat down to call my parents and talked to each of them, then I unexpectedly found my fellow interns who had been in Burkina Faso (west Africa) for the summer. we were all on the same flight to Indy. I even got to sit next to one of the girls. so my stress of flying home alone & staying overnight in Vienna & struggling through flying & customs. it ended up working out that I wasn't by myself.

so I arrived in Indianapolis on Wednesday evening around 6:30pm. we met up with the guys that came in from Spain, then headed back to the Benedict Inn to start "Debrief." a couple of the groups were already back, and a few more trickled in that night. the rest came on Thursday. we spent Thursday and Friday spending time together, learning how to adjust to life, how to share our summer, looking at pictures, sharing funny stories, sharing treasures. it was wonderful to hear everyone else's summer experiences.

this summer was wonderful for me. I got to experience missions firsthand. I grew closer to my God. my quiet time became a consistent thing. I built some great relationships with some awesome people. I saw the power of Jesus break down the language barrier. the beauty of Jesus was prevalent in Ukraine. I saw the passion of believers. prayer is vital in your walk with Christ.

and I just want to say thank you to all of my loyal supporters! by reading my blog, and keeping up with me this summer, I really appreciate you taking the time to share in my experiences.  thank you for your prayers especially. God is faithful to answer prayers. I ask that you would continue to pray for the church in Ukraine and the people who are there. and be praying for me, that I wouldn't forget all the things that I learned.

I'll leave you with a few pictures from my last few weeks abroad :)
my kids in Dmitrivka

last night in Ukraine

last Saturday camp

jazz forum downtown

last Sunday in Shivchanka

camping

worship while camping

me and Paulina at my going away party

my silly friends at my going away party

playing bingo at the 2-day camp

No comments:

Post a Comment