Sunday, June 19, 2011

the sea of azov

since I've been here, I've been to the Sea of Azov 3 times already.
it's a very popular thing for the youth to do.
they go to swim and play volleyball and just hang out.
I went last Monday night with them & last night.
the water is beautiful & it feels so nice by the sea.
I haven't actually swam yet, but last night, I did wade up to my knees. 
and still got soaking wet by a silly boy.
but it was all good fun.
I totally love hanging out with these people.
I think I fit in just right.
the beautiful Sea of Azov

tonight, the youth are leading the service.
and they've asked me to be a part of it.
so I'm going to give my testimony & one of the ladies will translate for me.

language learning is going swell.
I know colors & numbers & parts of the body and face & "my name is Evan" & "how are you?" & "what is your name?" & a lot of random words.
the youth keep trying to teach me new things.
and I keep trying to teach them English things.
I've said a lot of idioms that they don't understand and I don't know how to explain them.
so it can be difficult at times.
and some words in Russian are very hard for me to say.
but thanks to Spanish, I can roll my Rs, haha.


otherwise, I'm loving it here.
I have my moments when I'm lonely and I feel inadequate, but I know God has a purpose for me being here.
to build relationships with awesome people.
to grow closer to Him.
to become dependent on Him & not myself.
so if you could just keep praying for me.
pray for a cool breeze, cause it can be super hott & miserable at times.




No comments:

Post a Comment